Page 1 of 2
⚡ What’s Your Go-To Supplement Before a Hard Training Session?
Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2026 12:28 am
by Barbell-4F
Every lifter seems to have that one thing they reach for when they know a brutal session is coming. Some people want a strong pre-workout, others swear by coffee, electrolytes, carbs, or keeping things completely basic.
Whether it’s heavy squats, a high-volume push day, or trying to hit a new PR, what’s actually part of your pre-training routine? And more importantly, do you feel like it really helps your workout?


Re: ⚡ What’s Your Go-To Supplement Before a Hard Training Session?
Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2026 1:38 am
by 8CristianePinn
For me, it’s a low-to-moderate stim pre. I don’t need the strongest formula on the shelf, but having some caffeine and a little pump support helps me get into workout mode after a long workday.
Re: ⚡ What’s Your Go-To Supplement Before a Hard Training Session?
Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2026 2:11 am
by Cpedro#21
Cold brew. That’s my pre.


Re: ⚡ What’s Your Go-To Supplement Before a Hard Training Session?
Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2026 3:02 am
by SteffanieSan33
I’ve gone through the whole supplement rabbit hole, and these days I keep it way more basic. If I’m training hard, I’ll eat some carbs beforehand, get my water in, and use caffeine if my energy is low. I’d rather walk into the gym feeling fueled than rely on a pre-workout to drag me through a session. That change actually made my workouts feel more consistent.
Re: ⚡ What’s Your Go-To Supplement Before a Hard Training Session?
Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2026 4:41 am
by Lilly
Electrolytes are my underrated pick. On long sessions, especially when I’m sweating a lot, I notice the difference more than I expected.

Re: ⚡ What’s Your Go-To Supplement Before a Hard Training Session?
Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2026 5:55 am
by Peach255
Creatine. Every single day.

Re: ⚡ What’s Your Go-To Supplement Before a Hard Training Session?
Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2026 9:01 am
by FitChick_Jess
I’m all about carbs before a hard workout. Give me rice or oats a couple hours before training and I’m good to go. I’ll sometimes add caffeine, but I honestly notice the food more than anything else when I’m trying to move serious weight.
Re: ⚡ What’s Your Go-To Supplement Before a Hard Training Session?
Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2026 10:47 am
by Barbell-4F
I like seeing how different everyone’s approach is. I used to think everyone needed a hardcore pre, but I’m starting to appreciate the simple setups way more.
Re: ⚡ What’s Your Go-To Supplement Before a Hard Training Session?
Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2026 11:33 am
by Vegan1
Nothing beats a good meal and a solid night of sleep for me. Supplements come after that.

Re: ⚡ What’s Your Go-To Supplement Before a Hard Training Session?
Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2026 12:36 pm
by Linaaw
I’m one of those people who gets absolutely destroyed by high-stim pre-workouts, so I stopped using them.

A small coffee, some water, and a little fruit before training works much better for me. I get enough energy to attack the workout without the shaky hands, racing heart, or feeling like I need to pace around the parking lot before my first set.