How Important Is Proper Form for Long-Term Injury Prevention? 🏋️♂️💪
Re: How Important Is Proper Form for Long-Term Injury Prevention? 🏋️♂️💪
That’s a great point. Good technique doesn’t have to mean every rep is super slow, but you should still know what you’re doing with the weight. Learning to recognize the difference between productive effort and unnecessary strain is a huge part of progressing long term.
Re: How Important Is Proper Form for Long-Term Injury Prevention? 🏋️♂️💪
I think form awareness becomes even more important as you get stronger. When you’re a beginner, you’re still learning the movement, but once the weights get serious, small changes in bracing, positioning, or tempo can affect how a set feels. I try to keep my setup consistent, use warm-up sets to check how I’m moving that day, and avoid turning every exercise into an ego lift. Progress is more enjoyable when you can keep training without constantly dealing with avoidable setbacks. 