🧘 Which Mobility Move Has Made the Biggest Difference in Your Lifts?
Re: 🧘 Which Mobility Move Has Made the Biggest Difference in Your Lifts?
Banded shoulder work for sure.
Re: 🧘 Which Mobility Move Has Made the Biggest Difference in Your Lifts?
I started doing shoulder dislocates with a light band before pressing, and my overhead position feels much cleaner now. Nothing crazy, just consistent mobility work before training.
-
FlexinFiona
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2025 11:27 am
Re: 🧘 Which Mobility Move Has Made the Biggest Difference in Your Lifts?
Thoracic mobility was probably my biggest surprise. Once I improved my upper-back movement, my bench setup felt stronger and I didn’t feel like I had to force my shoulders into position anymore.
Re: 🧘 Which Mobility Move Has Made the Biggest Difference in Your Lifts?
For me, it was combining ankle mobility with deep squat holds instead of relying on one stretch. I’ll spend a couple minutes working through the range before squatting, and my first few sets feel much smoother and more controlled. 

-
8CristianePinn
- Posts: 23
- Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2026 11:53 pm
Re: 🧘 Which Mobility Move Has Made the Biggest Difference in Your Lifts?
90/90s changed my hip mobility.
-
GymAddict27
- Posts: 22
- Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2025 11:23 am
Re: 🧘 Which Mobility Move Has Made the Biggest Difference in Your Lifts?
Foam roller thoracic extensions have become part of every upper-body warm-up for me. They help me get into a better pressing position without feeling stiff through my upper back.
-
FlexinFiona
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2025 11:27 am
Re: 🧘 Which Mobility Move Has Made the Biggest Difference in Your Lifts?
I think consistency matters more than finding some magical mobility exercise. Five minutes before training every session has done more for my movement than randomly stretching for 30 minutes once in a while. 
Re: 🧘 Which Mobility Move Has Made the Biggest Difference in Your Lifts?
Deep squat holds for me. I started adding them before leg day, and over time my bottom position became much more comfortable. It’s a simple drill, but being able to sit into that position with control has definitely carried over to my squats. 