Has Your Supplement Stack Changed Since You Started Lifting? 💊🏋️

Info on common supplements: protein, creatine, BCAAs, pre/post-workouts.
GymDave00
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2025 12:53 pm

Has Your Supplement Stack Changed Since You Started Lifting? 💊🏋️

Post by GymDave00 »

When I first started lifting, I thought a serious gym routine meant having a serious supplement stack. 😂 I was buying pre-workout, protein, BCAAs, creatine, and whatever else looked promising at the time. After getting more experience, I’ve realized that supplements are just the extra piece of the puzzle—not the foundation.
Now I’m much more selective about what actually earns a spot in my routine. Curious how everyone else’s stack has changed over the years. Did you cut out certain supplements after learning more about nutrition, or are there a few products you still swear by? What stayed in your stack, and what turned out to be a waste of money? 👀
Jacob144
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2025 2:39 am
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Has Your Supplement Stack Changed Since You Started Lifting? 💊🏋️

Post by Jacob144 »

Creatine stayed. 💪
Andyxx66
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2025 9:14 am
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Has Your Supplement Stack Changed Since You Started Lifting? 💊🏋️

Post by Andyxx66 »

I used to take way too many supplements, but now I mostly stick with creatine and protein powder. Everything else depends on whether I actually have a reason for taking it.
DakBen787
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2025 9:17 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Has Your Supplement Stack Changed Since You Started Lifting? 💊🏋️

Post by DakBen787 »

My stack got completely simplified over time. I started with pre-workout, BCAAs, mass gainers, protein, creatine, and a bunch of random stuff I saw online. Eventually I realized better training, enough calories, solid protein intake, and good sleep were doing way more for my progress than the giant supplement collection ever did. 😂
GymDave00
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2025 12:53 pm

Re: Has Your Supplement Stack Changed Since You Started Lifting? 💊🏋️

Post by GymDave00 »

Same here! My cabinet used to look like a supplement store. 😂
Nevyy88
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2025 9:18 am
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Has Your Supplement Stack Changed Since You Started Lifting? 💊🏋️

Post by Nevyy88 »

Pre-workout is still my favorite. 🔥
Maxr4677
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2025 9:20 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Has Your Supplement Stack Changed Since You Started Lifting? 💊🏋️

Post by Maxr4677 »

I dropped BCAAs once I started consistently hitting my daily protein target. For me, they just weren’t worth spending extra money on when my overall diet was already covering that area.
Alex_22
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2025 11:21 am
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Has Your Supplement Stack Changed Since You Started Lifting? 💊🏋️

Post by Alex_22 »

Honestly, my biggest supplement change wasn’t adding something—it was removing stuff. I stopped chasing every new product promising better pumps, faster recovery, or more muscle and started focusing on the basics. Creatine, protein when needed, caffeine sometimes, and plenty of food have been more than enough for me.
GymDave00
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2025 12:53 pm

Re: Has Your Supplement Stack Changed Since You Started Lifting? 💊🏋️

Post by GymDave00 »

That’s exactly where I’m at now—less hype, more consistency. 💯
8CristianePinn
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2026 11:53 pm

Re: Has Your Supplement Stack Changed Since You Started Lifting? 💊🏋️

Post by 8CristianePinn »

Protein powder became more convenient than exciting. 😂
Post Reply