⚡ What’s Your Go-To Supplement Before a Hard Training Session?

Info on common supplements: protein, creatine, BCAAs, pre/post-workouts.
Barbell-4F
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2025 11:25 am

⚡ What’s Your Go-To Supplement Before a Hard Training Session?

Post by Barbell-4F »

Every lifter seems to have that one thing they reach for when they know a brutal session is coming. Some people want a strong pre-workout, others swear by coffee, electrolytes, carbs, or keeping things completely basic.
Whether it’s heavy squats, a high-volume push day, or trying to hit a new PR, what’s actually part of your pre-training routine? And more importantly, do you feel like it really helps your workout? 💪🔥
8CristianePinn
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2026 11:53 pm

Re: ⚡ What’s Your Go-To Supplement Before a Hard Training Session?

Post by 8CristianePinn »

For me, it’s a low-to-moderate stim pre. I don’t need the strongest formula on the shelf, but having some caffeine and a little pump support helps me get into workout mode after a long workday.
Cpedro#21
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2026 11:52 pm
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: ⚡ What’s Your Go-To Supplement Before a Hard Training Session?

Post by Cpedro#21 »

Cold brew. That’s my pre. 😂☕
SteffanieSan33
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2026 11:50 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: ⚡ What’s Your Go-To Supplement Before a Hard Training Session?

Post by SteffanieSan33 »

I’ve gone through the whole supplement rabbit hole, and these days I keep it way more basic. If I’m training hard, I’ll eat some carbs beforehand, get my water in, and use caffeine if my energy is low. I’d rather walk into the gym feeling fueled than rely on a pre-workout to drag me through a session. That change actually made my workouts feel more consistent.
Lilly
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2025 11:26 am

Re: ⚡ What’s Your Go-To Supplement Before a Hard Training Session?

Post by Lilly »

Electrolytes are my underrated pick. On long sessions, especially when I’m sweating a lot, I notice the difference more than I expected. 🥤
Peach255
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2025 11:24 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: ⚡ What’s Your Go-To Supplement Before a Hard Training Session?

Post by Peach255 »

Creatine. Every single day. 💪
FitChick_Jess
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2025 10:56 am
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: ⚡ What’s Your Go-To Supplement Before a Hard Training Session?

Post by FitChick_Jess »

I’m all about carbs before a hard workout. Give me rice or oats a couple hours before training and I’m good to go. I’ll sometimes add caffeine, but I honestly notice the food more than anything else when I’m trying to move serious weight.
Barbell-4F
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2025 11:25 am

Re: ⚡ What’s Your Go-To Supplement Before a Hard Training Session?

Post by Barbell-4F »

I like seeing how different everyone’s approach is. I used to think everyone needed a hardcore pre, but I’m starting to appreciate the simple setups way more.
Vegan1
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2025 10:54 am
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: ⚡ What’s Your Go-To Supplement Before a Hard Training Session?

Post by Vegan1 »

Nothing beats a good meal and a solid night of sleep for me. Supplements come after that. 😴
Linaaw
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2025 10:51 am
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: ⚡ What’s Your Go-To Supplement Before a Hard Training Session?

Post by Linaaw »

I’m one of those people who gets absolutely destroyed by high-stim pre-workouts, so I stopped using them. 😂 A small coffee, some water, and a little fruit before training works much better for me. I get enough energy to attack the workout without the shaky hands, racing heart, or feeling like I need to pace around the parking lot before my first set.
Post Reply