What Exercise Do You Keep Coming Back to Because It Just Works? 💪
-
CorryXX#44
- Posts: 35
- Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2025 11:36 am
- Been thanked: 1 time
What Exercise Do You Keep Coming Back to Because It Just Works? 💪
There are always new exercises, fancy variations, and trending movements popping up, but some lifts just stay in the rotation because they consistently deliver. For me, the exercises I keep coming back to are the ones where I can track progress, get a solid stimulus, and actually feel the target muscle working without making the movement unnecessarily complicated.
Sometimes the basics really do earn their spot. Whether it’s squats, pull-ups, bench press, rows, RDLs, or something as simple as a cable movement, there are certain exercises that just keep paying off year after year.
What’s the one exercise you never really get tired of because it consistently works for you?
Sometimes the basics really do earn their spot. Whether it’s squats, pull-ups, bench press, rows, RDLs, or something as simple as a cable movement, there are certain exercises that just keep paying off year after year.
What’s the one exercise you never really get tired of because it consistently works for you?
Re: What Exercise Do You Keep Coming Back to Because It Just Works? 💪
Pull-ups. Still undefeated for building my back. 
-
GymAddict27
- Posts: 22
- Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2025 11:23 am
Re: What Exercise Do You Keep Coming Back to Because It Just Works? 💪
For me it’s definitely the squat. I’ve tried plenty of leg exercises, but nothing gives me the same overall stimulus when I’m consistent with my form and progression.
-
Idnani4Shl
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2026 11:51 pm
- Been thanked: 1 time
Re: What Exercise Do You Keep Coming Back to Because It Just Works? 💪
The RDL is one I always come back to. It absolutely lights up my hamstrings and glutes, and I can make steady progress without needing to turn every set into some ego-lifting contest. Keeping the reps controlled makes a huge difference too. 
-
Christopher White
- Posts: 50
- Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2025 1:46 pm
- Has thanked: 5 times
- Been thanked: 5 times
Re: What Exercise Do You Keep Coming Back to Because It Just Works? 💪
Incline dumbbell press has never left my program. It’s been one of my most reliable upper-body movements for years.
-
CorryXX#44
- Posts: 35
- Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2025 11:36 am
- Been thanked: 1 time
Re: What Exercise Do You Keep Coming Back to Because It Just Works? 💪
I’m with the people who stick with movements they can actually progress on. I’ve wasted plenty of time jumping between exercises because something new was trending, but the lifts I’ve consistently tracked over months are usually the ones that gave me the best results.
Re: What Exercise Do You Keep Coming Back to Because It Just Works? 💪
For me, it’s the deadlift. I don’t need a million variations when one properly executed movement can challenge my entire posterior chain, grip, and overall strength. It’s one of those lifts where you can clearly see the payoff from staying patient, adding weight gradually, and keeping your technique locked in. 
Re: What Exercise Do You Keep Coming Back to Because It Just Works? 💪
Bench press. Basic, but it keeps working. 