Bulking Season: Which Foods Help You Gain Without Feeling Stuffed?

Discussions about macronutrients, meal planning, supplements, and different dietary approaches.

Sponsor Banner
SteffanieSan33
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2026 11:50 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Bulking Season: Which Foods Help You Gain Without Feeling Stuffed?

Post by SteffanieSan33 »

Bulking sounds easy until you’re trying to hit a calorie surplus every single day and feel like you’re carrying a brick in your stomach 😂. I’ve found that the key is choosing foods that pack a lot of calories without taking up a ton of volume. Things like rice, bagels, nut butter, whole eggs, Greek yogurt, oats, olive oil, avocado, and smoothies have been way easier for me than constantly forcing huge meals.
I’m especially curious what other lifters are using during a bulk when appetite starts becoming the limiting factor. Are you relying more on liquid calories, calorie-dense snacks, or just smaller meals throughout the day? 💪
Dnk567
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2025 1:49 pm
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Bulking Season: Which Foods Help You Gain Without Feeling Stuffed?

Post by Dnk567 »

Bagels with peanut butter are undefeated. 🥯🔥
Matthew Allen
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2025 1:53 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Bulking Season: Which Foods Help You Gain Without Feeling Stuffed?

Post by Matthew Allen »

I’ve been adding olive oil to rice and potatoes instead of making my portions massive. It barely changes the meal size but bumps the calories up pretty fast.
Charles Harris
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2025 1:42 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Bulking Season: Which Foods Help You Gain Without Feeling Stuffed?

Post by Charles Harris »

Honestly, homemade shakes changed my whole bulk. Milk, whey, banana, oats, and peanut butter goes down way easier than another giant plate of chicken and rice. 🥤💪
Mky88
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2025 1:55 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Bulking Season: Which Foods Help You Gain Without Feeling Stuffed?

Post by Mky88 »

Avocado and eggs are my go-to when I need extra calories without feeling crazy full.
SteffanieSan33
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2026 11:50 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Bulking Season: Which Foods Help You Gain Without Feeling Stuffed?

Post by SteffanieSan33 »

That’s exactly the kind of stuff I was looking for. I’d rather make meals more calorie-dense than spend half the day feeling stuffed. The shake idea is probably getting added to my routine. 👊
Dona-h90
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2025 2:00 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Bulking Season: Which Foods Help You Gain Without Feeling Stuffed?

Post by Dona-h90 »

I keep rice as a staple because it’s easy to digest and super easy to scale up or down depending on how many calories I need that day.
DakBen787
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2025 9:17 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Bulking Season: Which Foods Help You Gain Without Feeling Stuffed?

Post by DakBen787 »

Whole milk, cereal, Greek yogurt, granola, and fruit have been clutch for me during this bulk. I can throw together a quick high-calorie snack between meals without feeling like I just ate Thanksgiving dinner 😂.
Bendk66
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2025 11:26 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Bulking Season: Which Foods Help You Gain Without Feeling Stuffed?

Post by Bendk66 »

Trail mix is sneaky good for this. Small handful, big calorie hit. 🥜
SteW1
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2025 2:02 pm
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Bulking Season: Which Foods Help You Gain Without Feeling Stuffed?

Post by SteW1 »

My biggest move has been spreading calories across 5 smaller meals instead of trying to crush three huge ones. I’ll use stuff like bagels, rice bowls, nut butter, full-fat dairy, and smoothies so I’m consistently eating more without constantly fighting my appetite. For me, the best bulk diet is the one I can actually repeat for months without dreading every meal.
Post Reply