🏋️ Are You Training Through Normal Soreness or Ignoring a Warning Sign?

Tips for joint health, injury prevention, and avoiding overtraining.
Post Reply
FitRay$47
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2025 12:52 pm

🏋️ Are You Training Through Normal Soreness or Ignoring a Warning Sign?

Post by FitRay$47 »

There’s a big difference between normal post-workout soreness and pain that’s telling you something is off. DOMS can make a muscle feel tight, tender, and weaker for a couple days, especially after a new movement, higher volume, or a hard training session. But sharp pain, joint pain, pain that changes your movement, or discomfort that keeps getting worse is a different conversation.
A lot of lifters get caught in the “no pain, no gain” mindset and try to grind through everything. Sometimes the smarter move is backing off, adjusting the exercise, taking an extra recovery day, or getting the issue checked out. Training hard matters, but being able to train consistently for years matters even more. 💪
Linaaw
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2025 10:51 am
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: 🏋️ Are You Training Through Normal Soreness or Ignoring a Warning Sign?

Post by Linaaw »

I used to treat every ache like it was just part of getting stronger. Now I pay attention to whether it feels like muscle soreness or something deeper around a joint or tendon. If my form suddenly changes because of pain, that’s usually my cue to stop forcing the set. Better to lose one workout than turn it into three weeks off. 🔥
GymDave00
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2025 12:53 pm

Re: 🏋️ Are You Training Through Normal Soreness or Ignoring a Warning Sign?

Post by GymDave00 »

Sharp pain is a hard stop for me now.
Sarah-T7
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2025 11:39 am
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: 🏋️ Are You Training Through Normal Soreness or Ignoring a Warning Sign?

Post by Sarah-T7 »

Same here. Normal DOMS usually feels more like that dull, beat-up muscle feeling when you move around, especially after legs or a new exercise. If the pain feels sharp, localized, or gets worse every set, I’m not trying to “tough it out” anymore. I’ll lower the load or switch movements and see how my body responds.
FitRay$47
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2025 12:52 pm

Re: 🏋️ Are You Training Through Normal Soreness or Ignoring a Warning Sign?

Post by FitRay$47 »

That’s exactly where I’ve changed my mindset too. I used to think backing off meant I wasn’t training hard enough, but now I look at the bigger picture. If I can make a small adjustment today and keep training consistently next week, that’s a way better trade-off. 💯
Post Reply