What’s the Best 4-Day Split for Women Trying to Build Serious Muscle?

Strength, muscle, nutrition, empowerment, health.
Sarah-T7
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2025 11:39 am
Been thanked: 1 time

What’s the Best 4-Day Split for Women Trying to Build Serious Muscle?

Post by Sarah-T7 »

If the goal is serious muscle growth, a 4-day split can be a sweet spot for women who want enough training volume without living in the gym. The biggest thing isn’t finding some “perfect” split—it’s getting enough quality sets, progressively adding reps or weight, and actually recovering between sessions. 💪
A setup like Lower / Upper / Lower / Upper gives you solid frequency for hitting each muscle group twice per week. Another option is Glutes & Hamstrings / Back & Shoulders / Quads & Glutes / Upper Body, especially if building the lower body is the priority.
For women chasing that strong, athletic, muscular look, I’d rather see someone consistently push squats, RDLs, hip thrusts, leg presses, rows, pulldowns, presses, lateral raises, and curls than constantly jump between random workouts. Track your lifts, train close enough to failure, get enough protein, and actually recover. 🔥
What 4-day split has worked best for you—upper/lower, glute-focused, or something completely different?
IronJZ87
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2025 8:36 am
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: What’s the Best 4-Day Split for Women Trying to Build Serious Muscle?

Post by IronJZ87 »

I’m a big fan of Lower / Upper / Lower / Upper. It keeps the week balanced and makes progressive overload way easier to track. 💪
FitChick_Jess
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2025 10:56 am
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: What’s the Best 4-Day Split for Women Trying to Build Serious Muscle?

Post by FitChick_Jess »

Same here. Two lower days lets me hit glutes hard without cramming everything into one brutal session.
SteffanieSan33
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2026 11:50 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: What’s the Best 4-Day Split for Women Trying to Build Serious Muscle?

Post by SteffanieSan33 »

I’ve had the best results separating my lower days into quad-focused and glute/ham-focused sessions. My strength started moving way faster once I stopped trying to destroy every muscle in one workout. 🔥
Fabigon
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2026 11:52 pm
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: What’s the Best 4-Day Split for Women Trying to Build Serious Muscle?

Post by Fabigon »

Honestly, consistency beats the “perfect” split every time.
Sarah-T7
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2025 11:39 am
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: What’s the Best 4-Day Split for Women Trying to Build Serious Muscle?

Post by Sarah-T7 »

That’s what I’m starting to realize too. I think having a structure that I can actually recover from is way better than chasing some crazy high-volume program just because it looks impressive on paper. 💯
Kimmi90
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2025 11:40 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: What’s the Best 4-Day Split for Women Trying to Build Serious Muscle?

Post by Kimmi90 »

I switched to upper/lower this year and my lifts finally started moving again.
Barbell-4F
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2025 11:25 am

Re: What’s the Best 4-Day Split for Women Trying to Build Serious Muscle?

Post by Barbell-4F »

For me, a glute-focused 4-day split has been money. I’ll do glutes + hamstrings, upper body, quads + glutes, then another upper day with extra shoulders and back. The recovery days make a huge difference because I can actually push my working sets instead of showing up smoked. 🍑💪
FitRay$47
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2025 12:52 pm

Re: What’s the Best 4-Day Split for Women Trying to Build Serious Muscle?

Post by FitRay$47 »

I’d definitely keep two upper-body days. Building shoulders, lats, and arms makes the whole physique look stronger.
BigMk91
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2025 8:35 am
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: What’s the Best 4-Day Split for Women Trying to Build Serious Muscle?

Post by BigMk91 »

Heavy compounds plus smart accessories is the combo for me. I don’t need 20 exercises to feel like I had a good workout. 😅
Post Reply