When Did You Start Taking Posing as Seriously as Your Training? 💪🔥

Insights into competition preparation, posing tips, and advice from experienced competitors.
BeastTMXX
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2025 8:38 am
Been thanked: 3 times

When Did You Start Taking Posing as Seriously as Your Training? 💪🔥

Post by BeastTMXX »

For the longest time, I thought getting stronger, building more muscle, and staying consistent with my workouts were all that mattered. Then I started paying closer attention to posing, and honestly, it changed how I looked at bodybuilding. You can put in months of hard work on your physique, but if you don't know how to control your muscles, hit clean poses, and show your proportions under different angles, you're leaving a big part of that work on the table.
I've been learning that posing isn't just for show day or for people stepping onstage. It's another skill that takes practice, body awareness, control, and patience. Holding a front double biceps without losing your midsection, keeping your lats spread, or transitioning between poses without looking stiff takes more work than most people realize. 🏆
I'm curious when everyone else started treating posing like a real part of their routine instead of something they only practiced occasionally. Was it when you started thinking about competing, when you saw your progress in the mirror, or when someone pointed out that your physique looked different once you learned how to present it? Let's hear your experience. 👇
Zach-ST2
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2025 11:23 am
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: When Did You Start Taking Posing as Seriously as Your Training? 💪🔥

Post by Zach-ST2 »

Honestly, when I started taking progress pics seriously. 📸 I realized posing makes a huge difference.
Belle%24
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2025 10:53 am
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: When Did You Start Taking Posing as Seriously as Your Training? 💪🔥

Post by Belle%24 »

When I signed up for my first show, I found out real quick that lifting heavy and posing well are two completely different skills. My muscles were there, but I couldn't display them properly.
Kimmi90
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2025 11:40 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: When Did You Start Taking Posing as Seriously as Your Training? 💪🔥

Post by Kimmi90 »

Probably after watching some experienced competitors at my local gym. The way they controlled their lats, shoulders, and waist made their physiques look way more complete. That's when I realized posing deserves its own spot in the weekly routine. 💯
BeastTMXX
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2025 8:38 am
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: When Did You Start Taking Posing as Seriously as Your Training? 💪🔥

Post by BeastTMXX »

Same here! I used to spend all my time chasing heavier lifts, but now I understand that controlling the muscle matters just as much when it's time to show the results.
FlexinFiona
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2025 11:27 am

Re: When Did You Start Taking Posing as Seriously as Your Training? 💪🔥

Post by FlexinFiona »

The first time I tried holding a vacuum, I knew I had work to do 😂
8CristianePinn
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2026 11:53 pm

Re: When Did You Start Taking Posing as Seriously as Your Training? 💪🔥

Post by 8CristianePinn »

I got serious about posing during my first cut. As the body fat came down, I could see more detail, but I still struggled to make everything look balanced. Practicing in different lighting helped me understand my weak points and improve my presentation.
Idnani4Shl
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2026 11:51 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: When Did You Start Taking Posing as Seriously as Your Training? 💪🔥

Post by Idnani4Shl »

For me, it was seeing how much better my physique looked when I stopped rushing through poses. A good front double biceps isn't just about flexing your arms; it's about elbow position, lat spread, foot placement, and keeping your abs tight without looking awkward. Small adjustments can completely change the shot. 🔥
Barbell-4F
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2025 11:25 am

Re: When Did You Start Taking Posing as Seriously as Your Training? 💪🔥

Post by Barbell-4F »

When my coach told me to practice posing even on rest days. I thought he was joking at first, but consistency really does make a difference.
BeastTMXX
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2025 8:38 am
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: When Did You Start Taking Posing as Seriously as Your Training? 💪🔥

Post by BeastTMXX »

That's a good point. I've started treating posing like a skill instead of a quick mirror check after a workout. Even 10 minutes of focused practice can show you things you miss during regular training.
Post Reply