Are You Training for Strength, Muscle, Athletic Performance—or a Mix?

Tips on strength training, hypertrophy-focused workouts, cardio, flexibility, and recovery.

Sponsor Banner
Alex_22
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2025 11:21 am
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Are You Training for Strength, Muscle, Athletic Performance—or a Mix?

Post by Alex_22 »

I started as a bodybuilding-only lifter, but adding athletic work has been a game changer. Even a few sets of jumps, sled pushes, or loaded carries can make the training feel more useful instead of just chasing a pump every session. 💯
Lilly
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2025 11:26 am

Re: Are You Training for Strength, Muscle, Athletic Performance—or a Mix?

Post by Lilly »

Exactly. I think the biggest mistake with hybrid training is trying to go all-out at everything. Heavy lifting, tons of volume, hard conditioning, and explosive work can stack up fast, so having one main priority makes the whole program much easier to recover from.
AntLewis
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2025 1:50 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Are You Training for Strength, Muscle, Athletic Performance—or a Mix?

Post by AntLewis »

For me it’s strength first, muscle second. I like getting a heavy top set in and then using back-off sets to get more volume without completely wrecking myself.
Charles Harris
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2025 1:42 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Are You Training for Strength, Muscle, Athletic Performance—or a Mix?

Post by Charles Harris »

I’m chasing all three, honestly. I want bigger numbers, more muscle, and better conditioning. I don’t need to be elite at any one thing—I just want to be a more capable version of myself. 🔥
Dona-h90
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2025 2:00 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Are You Training for Strength, Muscle, Athletic Performance—or a Mix?

Post by Dona-h90 »

Hybrid training is where I’m at now. I’ll lift heavy, get my hypertrophy work in, and keep a couple conditioning sessions in the week. It’s way more enjoyable than being locked into one style year-round.
Post Reply