🥤 Protein Shake Every Day or Only When You’re Short on Protein?

Discussions about macronutrients, meal planning, supplements, and different dietary approaches.

Sponsor Banner
Zach-ST2
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2025 11:23 am
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: 🥤 Protein Shake Every Day or Only When You’re Short on Protein?

Post by Zach-ST2 »

Only if my macros need it. 📊
Bendk66
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2025 11:26 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: 🥤 Protein Shake Every Day or Only When You’re Short on Protein?

Post by Bendk66 »

I’m pretty consistent with one shake a day during a cut because it gives me a decent amount of protein without making my meals feel huge, but I don’t stress about it when I’ve already hit my target through food.
FitChick_Jess
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2025 10:56 am
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: 🥤 Protein Shake Every Day or Only When You’re Short on Protein?

Post by FitChick_Jess »

That’s probably the biggest lesson I’ve learned too—protein shakes are a tool, not a requirement. If they make your nutrition easier, use them; if you’re already hitting your numbers with food, you don’t need to drink one just for the sake of it. 🔥
IronJZ87
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2025 8:36 am
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: 🥤 Protein Shake Every Day or Only When You’re Short on Protein?

Post by IronJZ87 »

I’ll take a shake after lifting if I know my next real meal is still a few hours away. It’s mostly about convenience for me rather than thinking I’ll somehow lose gains without it. 😂💪
GymAlpha23
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2025 8:39 am
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: 🥤 Protein Shake Every Day or Only When You’re Short on Protein?

Post by GymAlpha23 »

Whole food first, shake when needed. 🍗
RepNick3
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2025 12:51 pm
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: 🥤 Protein Shake Every Day or Only When You’re Short on Protein?

Post by RepNick3 »

I don’t really have a fixed rule anymore. Some days I’ll have two shakes because my schedule is crazy, and other days I won’t touch protein powder because I got plenty from meals. As long as my overall intake lines up with my goal, I’m good.
Post Reply