🥤 Protein Shake Every Day or Only When You’re Short on Protein?
Re: 🥤 Protein Shake Every Day or Only When You’re Short on Protein?
I’m pretty consistent with one shake a day during a cut because it gives me a decent amount of protein without making my meals feel huge, but I don’t stress about it when I’ve already hit my target through food.
-
FitChick_Jess
- Posts: 28
- Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2025 10:56 am
- Been thanked: 4 times
Re: 🥤 Protein Shake Every Day or Only When You’re Short on Protein?
That’s probably the biggest lesson I’ve learned too—protein shakes are a tool, not a requirement. If they make your nutrition easier, use them; if you’re already hitting your numbers with food, you don’t need to drink one just for the sake of it. 
Re: 🥤 Protein Shake Every Day or Only When You’re Short on Protein?
I’ll take a shake after lifting if I know my next real meal is still a few hours away. It’s mostly about convenience for me rather than thinking I’ll somehow lose gains without it. 

-
GymAlpha23
- Posts: 38
- Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2025 8:39 am
- Has thanked: 10 times
- Been thanked: 4 times
Re: 🥤 Protein Shake Every Day or Only When You’re Short on Protein?
Whole food first, shake when needed. 
Re: 🥤 Protein Shake Every Day or Only When You’re Short on Protein?
I don’t really have a fixed rule anymore. Some days I’ll have two shakes because my schedule is crazy, and other days I won’t touch protein powder because I got plenty from meals. As long as my overall intake lines up with my goal, I’m good.
